FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does NuBryte Home Security work?
Equipped with built-in security cameras and motion detectors, NuBryte keeps your home safe and secure while you’re away. All with no monthly fees or contracts!
How it works:
- Heading out? Activate your console before you leave, or use the NuBryte App on your phone if you’re out.
- If NuBryte senses motion, a 1st stage alarm is triggered.
- Is it you or a family member? 30 seconds of gentle beeping remind you to enter your four number code to deactivate.
- An intruder? All NuBryte-enabled lights will flash repeatedly, and a 100 decibel siren will sound.
- An instant notification is sent directly to your phone, with a video clip of what’s happening inside.
- Decide what action to take. Call 911 for help, or deactivate if it’s a friendly visit.
I understand that NuBryte Home Security is a self-monitored system but do you also have an option for a monitored central station via cell if the customer requests?
Not quite yet. We are considering options for monitored security in future product releases.
How long are the security videos stored in the NuBryte App?
The videos will be stored for 30 days.
Where do you set-up NuBryte products?
For the Touchpoints, there is some set-up that will be done directly on the touchscreen, as well as a few tasks that will be done in the NuBryte App. On the touchscreen device, you will be able to set-up the appearance of the screen (including the screensaver), connect to the home’s Wi-Fi account, name the switch and room that the Touchpoint is located in, as well as take a quick tutorial that walks you through the system.
Can the lighting be controlled from the Touchpoint and the NuBryte App?
Yes, you can easily control the lights throughout the home from any Touchpoint, or do it remotely with the NuBryte App.
Will you offer a Z-wave option in the future?
Yes, we plan to allow 3rd party devices to connect to NuBryte via ZigBee and Z-wave in future.
If there is a problem with a NuBryte Touchpoint, will the lights still work?
Yes, you can remove the touchscreen cover, and will have access to a switch to be able to turn the lights on or off.
What's the power requirement for the Wi-Fi speakers?
We ship the smart speaker with an AC > DC 24V power converter that plugs into a jack on the side of the speaker. Output power on the speakers: 2 x 30W @THD+N<1%, working voltage: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz.
Do you have to have Internet connected Wi-Fi up and running at the location or does it emit its own Wi-Fi for all the interconnected devices to operate within the home? Will the system will operate independent of the router Wi-Fi just in case the internet is down?
Yes, homeowners will need a home Internet connection and Wi-Fi router to enjoy all the features of NuBryte. The way it works during different outages is as follows:
If you have no wireless connection (your home Wi-Fi router and the Internet connection from your ISP are not working).
- You can still use the NuBryte as a switch to turn your lights on/off and use the dimmer feature.
- You can activate security and have it sound an alarm and flash the lights if it detects motion.
- You can check the time and set the timer.
If you lose your internet connection but your home Wi-Fi network is still working. You will lose cloud and cellular features but keep local network features.
- NuBryte devices in your home can control each other via Wi-Fi.
- You can use our app to control the NuBryte with a smartphone connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- You will not be able to control the NuBryte with a smartphone via a cellular connection.
- Security alerts will not be sent to your phone.
- The weather/outdoor temperature on your NuBryte Touchpoint won't update.
In case of a power outage you can turn the switch on/off manually by gently pulling the LCD display unit on the Touchpoint straight off the base unit and using the manual switch on the base unit.
Does NuBryte have remote motion sensors and noise and sound, door sensors, etc.?
Currently we do not have these products but anticipate several 3rd party options becoming available as we release our ZigBee and Z-wave integrations for 3rd party use.
Are all of the switches and touch panels compatible with Incandescent, LED and Florescent bulbs?
The NuBryte Touchpoint and Smart Switches are compatible with incandescent, halogen, Dimmable LED and Dimmable CFL bulbs. Each gang supports up to 300w of incandescent or halogen bulbs or 150w of dimmable LED/dimmable CFL bulbs.
How does existing 3 and 4 way switches work?
NuBryte Touchpoints and Smart Switches can be installed in a multiway configuration with a primary NuBryte switch that’s wired to the load wire for the light and secondary NuBryte switches wired for power that control the primary switch wirelessly via Link using ZigBee.
What if you have a 3 or 4 gang box or even 5 gang?
NuBryte Smart Switches can be mixed and matched and installed in 1, 2, 3 or 4 gang boxes. The installation is completed with our compatible 1, 2, 3, or 4 gang wall plates. Our On/Off switches that will combine control of 3 switches into a single gang can be used if there are additional lights (beyond 4 gangs) that need to be controlled from that same switch location or if the customer wishes to fit his switches into a smaller space on the wall.
What is the warranty on the equipment and how fast can you get replacement parts?
We offer a 1-year warranty on equipment and can ship replacement parts out within 1 business day.
How do I become a NuBryte PRO?
Click the button below and sign-up with your information, and we’ll be in touch!